My name is Mike Adams. My family and I live in beautiful Spring Hill, Tennessee just outside of Nashville. Here’s a few facts if you want to learn more about me.
- I married my best friend, Michelle, in 1994 and we’re still on the honeymoon. We’ve known each other since we were kids.
- I’m Dad to three amazing kids.
- My family attends Rolling Hills Community Church in Franklin, TN. Come check it out or watch online!
- I earned my undergraduate degree from Lamar University in Beaumont, TX and my graduate degree from Auburn University (War Eagle!).
- I joined the U.S. Army shortly after graduating from high school and served 8 years before attending college. I’m a veteran of the Gulf War – I served in Operation Desert Storm in 1991.
- I have many hobbies (Michelle says too many). My favorites are hunting (deer and turkey) and fishing. I’ve killed deer and I’ve caught plenty of fish, but I’ve never killed a turkey. Apparently I’m the worst turkey hunter – ever!
- I also enjoy woodworking. This is Michelle’s favorite hobby of mine because it means she gets new furniture! My last project was building a farmhouse dining table, and I also learned to weave fiber rush chairs.
- My latest hobby? I’m learning to play the fiddle. It isn’t going well. At all.
- Though I’m originally from Texas, I’ve lived in many places due to the military, school, and my career. States include Missouri, Alabama, Indiana, Louisiana, Illinois and Tennessee (since 2001). I also lived in Germany for 3 years and I spent 6 months in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait) and 6 months in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- One of my absolute favorite work-related trips was to India, where I visited Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
- I cycled a two-day, 150-mile charity ride several years ago. Next to my Army basic training, it was my biggest physical endurance achievement. I’m now planning a 6-day, 500-mile cycling trip that I will complete on my 50th birthday in 2018.
- I read a lot, though I tend to listen to books more than I actually read them these days, thanks to my work commute.
- I mostly read nonfiction books on leadership and business, but I also enjoy an occasional novel. Stephen King is my favorite novelist.
- One of my bucket list items is to become a published author.
I hope you enjoyed these random facts!