Michael W. (Mike) Adams
Sr. Leader – Global/Domestic Outsourcing, Contingent Workforce, VMO, Program Management
I have the privilege of working for Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), headquartered in Nashville, TN. HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprised of locally managed facilities, including more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA consistently ranks in the top 100 companies on the annual Fortune 500 list, with more than $40 billion in annual revenue and 200,000+ employees.
I currently serve as the Director of IT Vendor Management and Global Outsourcing. In this role, I am responsible for the strategy and operations of the centralized IT vendor management office and the global outsourcing program. I am also responsible for the strategy of our contract labor program and I oversee the relationship with the Managed Service Provider that runs our day-to-day contract labor operations.
I’ve had the opportunity to serve in numerous roles since joining HCA in 2005, including:
- Senior Project Manager
- Application Development Manager
- Program Manager of Growth Strategies
- Director of Global Outsourcing
- Director, IT Contingent Workforce Management – formed by combining the global outsourcing and contract labor management departments
- Director of Vendor Management & Global Outsourcing – this role is a blend of Vendor Management, Global Outsourcing, and Contract Labor
With almost 20 years of diverse information technology experience, I’ve held numerous strategic and operational roles. Prior to HCA, I served in various positions in the telecom and IT services industries. I also served 8 years in the U.S. Army before attending college and entering the IT profession.
I am a member of the following organizations:
- International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMMS)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) – I am an active Project Management Professional (PMP)
Please visit my LinkedIn profile to learn more.